Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Test Fit - Body to Frame!

SUCCESS! The body fits perfectly on the frame with the wider rear tires and newer Chevy 350 engine. The ONLY modification that needs to be made is to the tranny tunnel........ and that is just very slight to allow a little more clearance than is currently there. Very easy fix. No widening of the rear fenders is going to be required which is a relief. When all is said and done, I should be able to drop the rear of the car 2-3" to give it a lower stance..... but I will worry about that in the end.
The body has now been removed from the frame again. Engine will be pulled out of the frame and mocked up on the engine stand. Pressure tested, cleaned up, painted, and shiny chrome parts added.

Body work will begin shortly with the fun part of wire brushing UNDER the body. Patching a few tiny holes.......and then repainting / undercoating the car.

I'm currently modifying my el-cheapo creeper that I picked up for $5 at a garage sale to have a tilting back so I can sit more upright when under the car (like a recliner).

No comments: