Sunday, October 4, 2009

Motor Mounts & Steering Tab 99% Done!

Lots of cutting and welding today. First I welded on some mounts to help support the motor mounts. I had to make sure the supports cleared the pittman & idler arm.
Next I made plates to weld into the center of the motor mounts just to add a little extra beef to the mounts. It was probably overkill, but I KNOW they won't be falling apart any time soon.
I'm switching from a manual steering box to a power steering gear box. The original box only had 3 bolts which held it to the frame. The new power steering gear box had 4. The 4th bolt had nothing to grab on to which probably would have been ok, but since i'm welding on the front end, I decided to fab up a 4th mount for it the box to bolt to. It came out pretty damn good if I don't say.

Next up...... grinding smooth all of my welds and priming everything. Then I will put the engine back in place and start working on the exhaust system.

No comments: