Sunday, August 23, 2009

Finalizing Prep for Wheels...

Picked up a nearly new pair of Firestone Firehawk 255/60/15 tires for the rear rims. Just have to get them mounted. In the meantime I am finalizing all the prep work on the frame. I added the rear bump stops.
Connected the lower bump stops on the front control arms. Also connected the steering arms and put the front drums on.
I cleaned up the tanke a few weeks ago with a wirebrush and found A LOT of holes (ones that you would never even know were there till you wirebrushed it down. I then metal etched the tank. At this point, seeing how "holey" the tank is, and being that the fuel sending unit is shot, I've decided to ditch the tank and go with a fuel cell.

No comments: