Sunday, July 12, 2009

Front Suspension Almost Done!

Finally got the front control arms / springs installed! I just have to tighten up the bolts holding the control arms to the frame. I also have to insert the new front shocks which have now been painted silver to match the rest of the color scheme.

I needed to use a spring compressor to compress the new springs down, in preperation to be installed. This is kind of a scary job being that I am compressing a 16.5" long spring meant for holding nearly 2000lbs down to roughly 12.5". The amount of tension on the compressor is enormous and I don't even want to think about what could happen if that broke while under tension!
The driver's side took a little fanagling........ but once we figured out HOW its supposed to be correctly installed it went better. Passenger side went much faster now that we had the technique down.
I also have the rear leaf springs in place, but it was getting too dark to take pictures. I'll post those tomorrow.

No comments: